This is a highly customisable theme the likes of which I don’t think have been seen before. I have checked out all the options and there are literally hundreds of combinations.
U-Design is a very powerful theme which suits both, users with no programming background as well as advanced developers. It will help you build your site in no time to your liking with minimal effort. It empowers you to set any color to elements such as backgrounds, links, text, menu links, etc. You can completely change the look and feel of your site in seconds. You can also choose from over 200 fonts, including Google Font Directory and Cufón fonts. This number will grow with time since many new fonts are being added to the Google fonts library. The theme also features 6 (six) Home page sliders for you to choose from.
Check out the theme at ThemeForest
I am always on the lookout for new and different photography templates for WordPress. The Simpolio fits that bill easily. Just take a look at the introduction and then the flexability for displaying images. This would be ideal for a photographer with a good selection of images to promote their work. Just take a look to see what I mean.
For photographers or artists this WordPress theme is pretty specky. Each page looks like a scene from a gallery where your images or text are displayed on the wall above a chair or a table. I like the look of it. Check out the live demo at ThemeFuse.
I started my photography business in 2009 and after spending coutless hours setting up my business I decided that there was a need for a simple step by step process that was able to be duplicated by anyone who wanted to set up their own photography business. This is what I have done for you so read on.
If you are a looking for a job where you can be self employed and decide on the amount of hours you want to work, a business as a photographer may just allow you this freedom. Of course like any business there is a need to earn money and make it profitable but this will occur over time if you can build up your business.
Starting and working for yourself on your own business can be very rewarding but where do you start and how do you make it a success. I am going to go, step by step through the process that I have been through to start my own business and show you how to set up and start your own photography business. I have done everything except take the pictures for you. It is easy, if you follow my guide. So lets get started.
I was just having a look at themes for a project when I stumbled across this one. The front page has a slider, meh most premium themes do, but wait until the clip for Tron comes on. It opens up a whole new area of possibilty for WordPress websites. Go to the live preview, I like it…
PictureThis is a powerful, premium WordPress theme great for photography and portfolio websites but can also be used for other projects.
- Fullscreen Background Image Slideshow (Upload unlimited images for each page/post/portfolio item)
- Custom Background Image(s) for every page/post/portfolio item
- Choose Your Own Colors With Color Picker
- Navigation Links Colors/Drop Down Menu Colors
- Logo Color
- Text color, link color, headings color (h1, h2, h3)
- Much more..
- Slideshow Options
- Slideshow On/Off
- Display images randomly or in order
- Slide effect (fade, slide right, slide left, slide top and more)
- Slide Interval Time
- Slide Transition Time
- Pause On Hover On/Off (pauses slideshow when user hovers image if set to on)
- Image Protect On/Off (disable right clicks and image dragging)
- Keyboard Nav On/Off (use keys to navigate through images)
- Set slideshow performance options
- Lightbox Options
- Easily Change Lightbox Theme From Within Admin Panel
- Lightbox Gallery (go through images through lightbox by clicking arrows/thumbnaills)
- Allow/Dissallow Image Resize
- Show/Hide Lightbox Title
- Change Opacity
- Default Image Width
- Default Image Height
- Advanced Portfolio Options
- Custom Post Type for Portfolio
- 2, 3, 4 and 5 Column Layouts
- Unlimited Portfolio Categories/Pages
- Choose to open lightbox or link to page/custom URL on a per-post basis.
- Enter lightbox title and description
- Lightbox Photo Gallery Option
- Use image slider/stacked photos for single portfolio page
- Video Support
- Blog Options/Settings
- Choose Colors For Blog Titles
- Fullwidth Blog Template + Float Left Thumbnail Template
- Show excerpt/full post
- Show/hide “Read More” button
- Enter custom text for “Read More” button
- Font Settings
- Choose font family for text
- Change font sizes for text, header items and more
- 30+ Shortcodes (Buttons, Columns, etc)
- 3 Custom Widgets (Recent Posts, Popular Posts, Flickr)
- Unlimited Sidebars
- Compatible on all major browsers
- Threaded Comments
- Google Analytics
- PSDs Included for easy editing
If you are a photographer and need a website that will stand out from this rest I think this may be the one. It is a WordPress theme but it does some really great things with the gallery and the background image. Take a look as I just can’t do it justice.
It may be me, because I work with WordPress themes but the things that some of these developers are coming up with are awesome.
If you are new to WordPress it is really easy to maintain your own site when it has been set up. If you need help there is a whole community that can help.
Click on the image to get to the demo page of this theme.